NOURISH | HYDRATE | PROTECT
Pure mulberry silk alone is recommended as the perfect addition to your beauty routine by top dermatologists, make-up artists and beauty experts. The use of silk is one of the best kept secrets in the beauty industry which is down to a heap of fantastic benefits for both our hair and skin.
KEEP YOUR HAIR IN TIP TOP CONDITION
Pura Silk pillowcases are known for their super smooth surface which drastically reduces friction between your hair and the pillow. Cotton pillowcases cause hair to pull, tangle and break throughout the night as you toss and turn. Sleeping on our high quality silk will protect your luscious locks in turn reducing breakage and eliminating the dreaded bedhead.
Do you spend lots of your hard earned cash on expensive skin care regimes just to wake up in the morning and they haven't really made a difference? Sadly, this is common and is likely due to sleeping on a cotton pillowcase. Silk absorbs significantly less moisture from our skin as we sleep, when compared to cotton, which draws moisture away from our skin. Pura Silk allows for retention of essential nutrients whilst keeping your skincare products exactly where they should be, therefore giving them more of a chance to work!
GENTLE ON SKIN
One unique benefit of mulberry silk is the fact it is 100% natural and completely odourless. Silk is the most hypoallergenic of all fabrics thanks to its natural protein structure, making it the perfect choice for those who may suffer with eczema or other skin allergies. Since silk naturally repels bed bugs, fungus and dust mites, it also doesn't harbour any nasties which means it wont clog your pores and has been proven to actively reduce acne breakouts.
Pura Silk pillowcases have natural temperature regulating properties which enables you to keep your body temperature throughout the night. With its cool-to-cheek feeling our silk helps you maintain a comfortable sleep without the need to flip your pillow. Furthermore being a naturally breathable fabric the proteins in silk will emit any sweat it absorbs meaning they are far more hygienic than the cotton alternative.
- Wash like colours together.
- Silk should always be washed separately in a SILK-ONLY load.
- We recommend all silk items should be washed in mesh laundry bags using a gentle PH neutral detergent (preferably one formulated for silk - check the labels).
- Avoid the fabric softener! It is really not necessary for silk. It leaves behind a coating on your silk that with repeated use makes it impenetrable to water. Therefore reducing the quality.
- Silk dries very quickly. Hang the silk to dry, out of direct sunlight.
- Tumble drying is not recommended.
- Do not machine wash any higher than 30.
- Always iron inside out.
- We recommend placing a press cloth in between the silk and the iron.
- Focus on steam and not heat, gently press the cloth with the iron and remove quickly, repeat over the area.
- Leave the silk to completely cool before removing from the board, this will prevent making more creases.